Dear Allegra Summer Theater Camp Community,
Happy 2021! We miss seeing you in person so much! We hope that your family is healthy and well. As we prepare for the 2021 summer theater camp season, we look forward to returning to a safe in-person camp environment, and creating amazing theatrical growth and performance fun for our community of talented young artists. As you plan your summer activities and camps, please be assured that at Allegra, absolutely nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our family of students, and staff members.
We are hopeful that with the release of the Covid-19 vaccination, along with state safety recommendations and additional care, we will be able to safely return to in-person camp this summer.
Based on current state and county health screening recommendations, here are the measures we will take to safely return to Allegra. When these county recommendations are updated, we will revise our related policies and procedures. Again, our goal is to do everything in our power to keep our entire community safe and healthy.
Staff Screening and Testing
All staff will be given their own pulse oximeter and required to check their oxygen levels daily in addition to daily temperature checks. Additionally, all staff will be required to complete a daily COVID-19 survey design to identify potential at-risk individuals.
Student Testing and Screening
The year 2020 has demonstrated to us that in order to protect our community, we all need to take care and responsibility for each other's health in order to prevent Covid exposure. If your child or other family member is showing Covid symptoms, or other signs of illness such as dry cough, fever, headache, extreme fatigue, or tests for low oxygen levels: please consult with your doctor and consider a rapid Covid test.
· Each day prior to arrival, we ask all camp parents to take quick daily health checks of their children. If there are any concerns, do not come in. Please consult your child’s healthcare provider and consider a Covid test. If your family or child has been in contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid, please do not bring your child to camp until they have tested negative and fulfilled any required quarantine.
· As much as feasible, please excuse your child from other group gatherings indoors during their two-week camp enrollment period.
· We will have an outdoor health-screening area where we will complete temperature check, and oxygen pulsometer readings. If any camper has a 100°F plus fever or very low oxygen level upon arrival, we are so sorry, but they will not be allowed into the camp until cleared by a doctor, and we will discuss other options to participate.
Masks, Distance and Hand Washing: Our Best Defense
· All staff and campers will be required to wear masks throughout the camp. No one will be allowed to enter camp without a mask. We are purchasing special masks that campers will wear while singing. Additionally, single-use masks will be made available for purchase if a camper loses or forgets one.
· Campers and staff will be reminded and asked to wash and sanitize their hands regularly every day, for every meal and before and after activities. Whenever possible, meals will be taken outside. There will be hand sanitizing stations available throughout our designated activity areas.
· Where possible we will have campers and staff maintain physical distance even while wearing masks. These simple health and safety protocols have been proven effective at reducing the risk of transmission. They are easy to implement and follow if we are all willing to care for one another.
Keeping Campers Safe During Their Session
· Indoor rehearsals will be limited to our largest spaces (Allegra Room, Annex, Cleared Lobby) with class sizes kept at 10 campers or less. We will be renting additional large single use space to help limit class sizes.
· Activities requiring the large groups will be conducted outside (Weather and situation permitting)
· We will monitor campers 3 times per day with Pulse Oximeter as all Pulmonologists suggest that this is the ONLY home test that can show early onset of COVID Symptoms in asymptomatic people.
· If we discover any potential health risks, we have designated isolation rooms ready for campers and staff. We will contact parents immediately.
Additional Measures Allegra Will Take to Keep Our Families and Staff Safe
In addition to all other the safety precautions previously mentioned, Allegra is doing the following:
· Allegra has installed portable air purifying units with HEPA filters in each lesson room. All filters have a suggested DADR (Clean Air Delivery Rating) of 240.
· We will continue our rigorous cleaning schedule to ensure all shared spaces and hard surfaces are regularly wiped down and disinfected throughout the day.
· Antibacterial wipes/gels will be made available in all classrooms including a station in the waiting room.
We are looking forward to an amazing 2021 summer theater camp season filled with the magic and delight of creating live theater by bringing the creative and collaborative talents of young performers together. We simply cannot wait to see you and our talented theater education staff again in person!